Bridge spanning the Maurice River at this point was constructed in 1888. Center section is a swinging draw, one of the few bridges operated by manpower, the T-shaped key being rotated by 11-foot handbar. This iron bridge replaced an earlier one of wood. Ferries were used for river crossings above and below the town prior to 1864.
* This image is available for sale as a postcard at the society headquarters at 1229 Front St., Mauricetown, NJ.