Mauricetown Academy*
High Street, Mauricetown, New Jersey

The two room elementary school of Greek-Revival style was built in 1860 by Charles Bacon, a local architect. At that time rows of silver-maple trees shaded the streets of this village and many were planted in the spacious schoolyard. The building has been in annual use by the public educational system for more than a century, the final closing was made in 1962.

 

 

 

 

* This image is available for sale as a postcard at the society headquarters at 1229 Front St., Mauricetown, NJ.


RETURN TO THE PHOTO TOUR INDEX